If buying a home can change your life, so can selling one. Here are the most important steps you should take to ensure a successful sale.
- Hire an agent.
If you don’t, you could end up:
- Selling your home at a cheaper price than you’d like
- Spending twice the amount of time closing the deal
- Not being able to sell your home at all given your limited or non-existent network of homebuyers.
- Danger of letting strangers into your home
So save yourself the trouble and hire an agent that will truly listen to your needs and has intimate knowledge of the marketplace. Pick someone who identifies with your goals. Pick someone from The Scheib Team.
- Repair your home and have it inspected.
If you want to sell your home for the best possible price, ask The Scheib Team to point out areas that need to be repaired, upgraded, or repainted. You can opt to have the potential buyer take on other house repairs, but the less a buyer has to do other than move in, the better your chances of selling your home. A fresh coat of paint or new carpet can significantly boost the market value of your home.
- Ask the best price for your home.
The Scheib Team will price your home according to the current market and comparable sales in the area. Find out how much your home compares to others in the neighborhood. Learn, too, about interest rates, the best times to sell, and how to market your home effectively and visibly. If the property is not properly priced a sale may be delayed or even prevented.
Call The Scheib Team today! Let our years of experience and knowledge work for you.
- Marketing Your Property – especially online.
Approximately 90+% of home buyer’s use the internet as the major information source when purchasing a new home. The Scheib Team realizes the importance of your property’s online presence when marketing your home. The Scheib Team will create a successful marketing plan and highlight all features and details of your home. We will ensure great photos are displayed as homebuyers rate photos as the feature most used when searching for a home online. When you list with The Scheib Team, your property will be marketed online 24/7 through more than 350 of the most popular search websites.
Marketing is one of the essential ingredients for the successful sale of your home. Let The Scheib Team’s wealth of expertise and knowledge help you market and sell your home today!
- Review, review, review—and then negotiate.
Once offers start coming in, The Scheib Team will…….
- Present all offers to you personally and as quickly as possible.
- Have the cooperating broker share buyer qualifications and we will request a pre-approval letter if not included with the contract.
- Review every item in the contract with you so that you thoroughly understand what the buyers are offering and what they are asking for.
- Give you as much input as we possibly can regarding current market and finance activity which can affect the strength of the offer, review other sales to date as well as the current competition on the market and broker comments.
The Scheib Team’s negotiating strategies will put you in the driver’s seat and help you obtain top dollar for your home – in ANY market!
- Processing the Sale! Time to Close!
Yes!! We have a signed contract- now the work begins! A Realtor has more responsibilities than just listing and showing! You should be aware of what your realtor does after the contract is signed and executed:
The Scheib Team will:
- Open Title
- Deliver earnest money contract and check to Title Company and obtain receipt for earnest money check from Title Company
- Deliver option fee check to selling agent or seller and obtain receipt
- Ensure all parties have a copy of the executed contract
- Coordinate all necessary inspections and keep you informed of their findings.
- Present to you and negotiate repair amendment
- Coordinate execution of any required repairs
- Examine the title commitment for clouds and make sure problems are disclosed early so closing is not delayed
- Ensure that you receive copies of all documentation pertinent to the transaction
- Note all contingencies and attempt to remove them within the time limit provided or get an extension of time, if needed
- Keep you abreast of buyer’s loan application and the progress of the Appraisal on your home
- Ensure existing survey and T-47 are acceptable to lender and Title Company. If not, verify new survey has been ordered and completed
- Provide Title Company with any charges for HUD 1
- Review HUD 1 prior to closing
- Ensure selling agent and buyer have utility information
- Coordinate the closing and move-in dates so that they are as convenient to both parties as possible
- Accompany sellers to the closing table